A new approach to measuring, recording, and analysing power quality on electrical installations is possible with the HT Italia family of meters, comprising models PQA823 and PQA824, completely designed in Windows technology permitting an easy and wide analysis of a larger quantity of data than any other system.
Thanks to an innovative design and a graphic colour TFT touch screen wide display these models satisfy all standards from the professional engineer, electrician or technician. The interface with it’s incredible user-friendly design, due to the intuitive icon selection of any in-built feature coupled with the contextual help menu is available for each screen. Each internal parameter is easy to select thanks to the Windows style tree structure.
Each model permits the display of all parameters both in numeric and graphical mode with wide use of waveforms and histograms (for harmonic analysis) screens. The vector diagram feature allows the user to evaluate the mutual phase angle between voltages and current in order to understand any inductive or capacitive loads on an installation. The PQA824 is very fast, capturing voltage transients with a 5µs resolution.
HT Italia’s 800 series meters have a large internal memory (15MB) in order to save recorded data for a large range of parameters (e.g: >3 weeks for 251 parameters and a recording interval period of 15 minutes), but this memory can be expanded by using an external compact flash card with the meter. USB flash and pen drives can also be used with the USB port for the ultimate in flexibility.
The PQA824 is powered by a internal rechargeable Li-Ion battery which permits complete operation for more than 3 hours and an external power supply is provided for use with either a100/240V AC supply. A USB interface permits the connection of a PC for download and analysis of recordings with dedicated TOPVIEW Windows software.
The PQA824 model also permits detection of fast voltage transients (spikes) with a minimum resolution of 5µs (200kHz) with setting of different trigger thresholds – very useful on troubleshooting problems on electrical installations (monitoring atmospheric discharging, analysis of switching problems, frequency noise, etc..).
- TRMS P-N, P-P, P-PE voltage measurement (5 inputs)
- TRMS current on phases and neutral (4inputs)
- Active, reactive and apparent power measurements
- Active, reactive and apparent energy measurements
- Power factor measurement
- Frequency measurement
- Max 251 selected parameters at the same time
- Integrated period user selectable from 1s to 60min
- Harmonic analysis of voltage and current up to 49th component
- Voltage anomalies (sags, swells) with 10ms resolution
- Numerical and graphical (waveforms) visualization
- Histogram visualization of harmonic analysis
- Vectorial diagram of voltages and currents
- Flicker analysis (Pst, Plt) in compliance to EN50160
- Voltage unbalance in compliance to EN 50160
- Inrush current measurement
- Fast voltage transients with 5µs resolution
- 5 predefined recordings of parameters
- TFT colour display with touch screen
- 15MB internal memory for recordings saving
- Use of external compact flash and USB pen drives
- USB interface for PC connection
- Windows software for recording analysis
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery and external AC/DC adapter
- Contextual help selectable on each screen
- Virtual keyboard at display